Friday 11 January 2019

So, this is what's happening.

Hello, 
I wrote this on our website, just after Christmas 2018

THE BIG GREEN BOOKSHOP
Announcement from Simon.
I’ve absolutely loved it at The Big Green Bookshop in Wood Green. We have the very best customers, who have supported the Bookshop every day, from the very moment we opened over ten years ago. These have been the most rewarding years of my working life, but sometimes things have to change. So it’s time for an exciting new adventure for us. My family and I are moving out of London and starting a new version of The Big Green Bookshop.
 
The shop itself will be closing on Thursday January 31st 2019 and we’ll be continuing the Big Green Bookshop online from then.
 
It’s going to take a little while to get this up and running, but these are the things I know right now.
 
1.       You can still buy books from us (please do!) which can be posted out to you directly, rather than have them delivered here first, which will hopefully make it a quicker procedure.
 
2.       #BuyAStrangerABook will happen every Wednesday from January 9th.
 
3.       I will, of course, keep encouraging you to subscribe to The Big Green Book Club.
 
4.       Initiatives, like being able to support Shelter and buying books for the Calais Jungle will continue (this is going to be a big part of the new online version of Big Green Bookshop).
 
5.       I will continue to support Wood Green (as this is an area very very close to my heart) and I’m working with local venues to make sure that I can continue to put on amazing events in the area.
 
6.       A new website will go live in the next few weeks.
 
7.       I am terrified/excited.
 
The shop’s been doing OK, but rent and rates are an absolute monster.
Katie and I have often talked about moving to the seaside and now that our kids are getting older, it seems like the perfect time.
 
For those of you who follow @biggreenbooks on Twitter, or subscribe to the Bookshop newsletter, please do keep following, as this is the quickest and most effective way to pass information onto you at the moment. I have loads of new ideas and plans that i'm bursting to tell you about, but it's going to take a few weeks to get these all sorted (moving house is quite time consuming!), so please do stick around.
 
Yes, this is quite a big change, but I want it to be a positive thing for everyone and with your continued support, I really think it can be.
 
Thanks for reading this.
 
Simon

------------------------------------------------

We have now moved!

So, one of the things that I thought would be useful, is to start a blog, charting how everything's going and reminding myself of the 4 million things that I need to do.

And this is that blog. 

I hope you enjoy reading it. 

This blogpost is a filler, so I can see what it looks like when I post it on the blog. If you are reading this, it means that it passed my strict quality control.

Further posts will probably be more informative. Some may have pictures. I might even add a link to something, if i'm feeling adventurous. 

I think the important bit to take from the announcement I put on the website is that "I am excited/terrified". This is all new to me and we're going to need all the help we can get. so if you have any ideas/advice/money you'd like to give to us, we'd be delighted. 

Have a delightful day and thanks for reading this. 
Simon


No comments:

Post a Comment