Thursday 17 January 2019

It is Thursday

Yes, it is Thursday. And as tradition now dictates, this means it is the day after Wednesday. 

I have spent the morning posting out all of yesterday's #BuyAStrangerABook purchases. Three to the Philippines, one to Holland, two to India and many to the UK. A truly international affair!

It is time for some shameless bragging now. 
I picked up a copy of The Big Issue today. It's a special edition, in which they have devoted pretty much the whole magazine to "Changemakers". 


They have selected 100 "Changemakers" who they feel are "changing the world for the better, though they're frequently under the radar"

Well, look who's included? It's only Simon Key!


This is incredible and I cannot thank The Big Issue enough for including me. I shall be making an "Under the Radar" badge later.

A couple of people have suggested that I set up a Patreon page, to help me with the funding of some of the projects I'm currently working on, as well as others I'd really like to get my teeth into. 
The idea of a Patreon scheme is that if people like what you're doing, they can lob you a quid or two each month, to help you carry on doing it. In return, they can receive exclusive stuff from the person or organisation they're helping. 

So, anyway, I have set one up. 


Bear in mind, everyone who joins will receive a regular newsletter, with a comic strip included, conceived and drawn by my daughter, Freya.

There's also the opportunity to have your very own "I am in a train" badge!



Just because we've moved to Hastings, doesn't mean we're not going to be supporting events in other places. 

On March 1st-3rd, we're delighted to be selling books at a health and well-being exhibition in London. 
So, with this in mind, I'm looking for two reliable, sensible, enthusiastic, friendly people, who are able to help me out at this event for ALL THREE DAYS. I will pay you.

10-6 Friday
9-7 Saturday
10-4 Sunday

You'll be using the till (and the card machine), keeping the stall tidy, being nice to people, helping to look after the authors who are going to be at our stall signing their books and generally being ace.
For all three days I will pay you £180 each. 

If you're interested, please email me on biggreenbooks@gmail.com, with contact details and a bit of info about yourself. 

It should be a right laugh. 

Thank you. 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds very cool but I'll be in Venice (I know, so excited!)...
    Do shout out if you need help again though, I'd love to try and help with anything book related :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dawn. Hopefully, there'll be lots more opportunities. Venice is incredible, have a great time.
      S

      Delete