Wednesday 16 January 2019

It is Wednesday.

Yes, it is Wednesday. And as tradition now dictates, this means that it's #BuyAStrangerABook day on Twitter. If you don't know what #BuyAStrangerABook day is (and you'd like to know what it is), click on this link HERE and Sarah Newey from The Independent will explain.  I'm typing this sentence at 12.36pm and someone called Vicky Anne from the Philippines is being bought a book by someone called Polgara. They are strangers. Isn't that lovely?

#BuyAStrangerABook
I think I mentioned in my last post that the PC from the Big Green Bookshop was being sent to me here. I don't have a PC and i've been itching for it to get here, so I can get stuck into a few of the projects i'm working on. It was expected to arrive "no later than January 14th, but has yet to reach its destination (me). So far, it's been to Hatfield, Aylesham (somewhere near Dover), back to Hatfield, then it took another trip to Aylesham, was then sent to Wednesbury (near Walsall in the West Midlands) and then came back for a third time to Aylesham. It's current in a van, but we don't know where. Yodel, in case you were wondering. 
I have a laptop here, and although the power packs up on it every so often, it does its job, so I can still do stuff. 

I other exciting news, my Mum gave me an Argos voucher for Christmas, so i've picked up this little beauty. 

Thanks Mum

I'd been sitting on that cardboard box until I bought it, so it's definitely an improvement. The kids love spinning around on it too. 

Katie and I met a very lovely author for coffee yesterday, who's lived in the area for a while. She recommended some great places to visit and hopefully we're going to meet up again. 

Yesterday I emailed the Council to cancel our business rates at the end of this month. That was very satisfying. 

Here's a picture of my lunch.



I shall be announcing a THING tomorrow. If you have read this far, I think it's only fair that I share it with you a day early. So, here it is. 
 Let me know if you think it's a good/bad idea?

Thanks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment