Monday 28 January 2019

Last Week

I haven't written on here since last Monday. Yeah, sorry about that. Here's a catch up. 

The Independent Bookshop Alliance was relaunched last week. The idea is that Indie Bookshops work together to have a more level playing field in the industry. 
It's a big project, but hopefully, once i've got myself sorted a bit more, I can dedicate more time to making this a reality. 

Wednesday's #buyastrangerabook day on Twitter was, once again, an absolute joy and 23 strangers were gifted books. 
I'm off to London next week, to do a talk about #buyastrangerabook. That should be loads of fun (not nervous in the slightest...) and i'll let you know more about that nearer the time. 

On Thursday I woke up stupidly early (4.30am) and caught the first train from Hastings to London. 

Too early...
My mission? To pick up a few essentials from The Big Green Bookshop to take back to base. 
With the help of Mark (@markymarket) we filled a Zipvan with bookcases, a table and a few books and headed off. 

You need to go up 43 steps to get to our flat. I counted them. These are things one notices, when one is carrying bookcases. 

To cut a long story short, the bookcases are up and the "office" is almost ready. 



...still waiting for the PC to turn up after being couriered from the bookshop, but I am assured that it won't be much longer. 

The Patreon scheme (which has been launched to help fund some of the projects that we're currently doing and plan to do in the future) reached a little milestone on Friday. Those of you who have joined, I'll be posting out your EXCLUSIVE "I am in a train" badges next week. 

Shiny things!
I'm still working out the logistics of this Patreon thing, but the first newsletter will be going out very soon too (as soon as my daughter has finished her comic strip)

In other news last week, Katie and I watched Stan & Ollie at the cinema. It was brilliant and I cried twice.

The kids are really enjoying their new school. They've made some lovely new friends and they don't actually moan when it's time to go. It's a 15 minute walk to get there. But what a lovely walk it is. 



Going to pay some bills now and possibly eat cheese on toast. 




1 comment: