Friday 7 June 2019

New Life - an update

I don't use this blog as much as I should.

This is my second post in as many days. This level of blogging can never last!

Anyway, it's a bit of a personal one.

It's kind of an update about how things are going.

The Big Green Bookshop (the physical bookshop)  closed at the beginning of this year.
Katie and I moved out of London to the south coast in January with our kids. It's been the best thing we've ever done. 

Katie and I had always wanted to live by the seaside, but having the shop and owning our flat in London, we felt a bit trapped.

Much as I loved the shop, it had kind of taken over my life. It was all I thought about. I woke up in the middle of the night worrying about what needed to be done. I got the train to the shop at stupid early o'clock to try and catch up with stuff. I didn't realise it at the time, but it was doing my head in.

I was not in a good way and it affected my life badly.

Thankfully, I have the most incredible girlfriend in the world and the most brilliant kids, who I love completely and have been nothing but amazing.

So, we did it. We moved.

And it has been incredible.
Katie now has a brilliant job, that she loves. The kids are really happy at their new school. And I am getting my priorities right. Yes, the Bookshop is ace, but there are far more important things. And I'm not going to ever forget that again.

Looking back, I thought things were OK. But they weren't. Now, I can focus on my family and our new life here. And that's really all that matters.

Don't let this stop you buying books from me, we need the dosh! But I thought it was important to let you know.

#buybooks








No comments:

Post a Comment