Thursday 27 June 2019

Bloody Paperwork

When the shop closed at the end of January, I thought, "OK, that's that". A lovely person wanted to take on the lease for the shop, so I reckoned it'd get sorted in a few weeks.

I'm a simple soul. Sometimes, being a simple soul is great. But sometimes it isn't...

Today is June 27th. I am still paying rent for the shop. 

It's a bit of a tosser.

I should have known it might have taken longer, having experienced a similar thing when we tried to get the lease to the shop ourselves in 2008. If you want to read about our woes, we did a blog. It's here.

Anyway, whilst I really want to spend ALL my time banging on about books and trying to save the world from angry unicorns pretending to be rhinos, I've been spending a load of my time doing bloody paperwork trying to finalise the lease thing.

So, apologies to all the rhinos out there. And also soz about not smashing the world in the face about how ace books are in the last couple of weeks.

I'll be back in full action very soon.

Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment