Monday 30 March 2020

Hello, are we open?? *spoiler alert* YES.

At about 11am today one of our main suppliers (Gardners) announced that they were closing, due to the Coronavirus pandemic. 

Gardners are excellent and have been keeping us indie bookshops updated on how they were doing throughout all this. They'd preempted some of the issues that other business had been facing and were still supplying shops and arranging for books to be posted to customers in a timely and efficient way. 
They've been a bit of a lifesaver. 

But, quite rightly, they made this decision. 

Now that they are temporarily closed, stock availability is not going to be as great. 
I'm still able to get books, but certainly not the range I could before this happened. 

BUT I CAN STILL GET BOOKS. 

If Amazon can still sell 'em, I can't see why I can't (Jeff must be quaking in his slippers). 


So, here is stuff I'd like to tell you. 

All orders placed before March 30th will be delivered (according to Gardners). I'm checking this now, and the orders are still being processed, so fear not. 

-------------------------------------------------

I'm still sending out books each month for The Big Green Book Club, our monthly subscription service, where I post out a book a month, based on the kind of books you enjoy reading. 
I might not be able to wrap them (as I'm running low on wrapping paper. And priorities!), but they're still going out. 
So, if you want to join, you can
  HERE!

--------------------------------------------------

I'm still going to be supplying a Library for Shelter. 
So far, with your help, we've raised an extra £200 (at least), so once they can accommodate the books, i'll be getting them posted off. 

-----------------------------------------------------
In these slightly awkward times, I would appreciate you joining my PATREON more than ever!
I will try and make it worth your while, I promise. 

---------------------------------------------------

I will still be doing #buyastrangerabook. 
Due to the more limited stock availability, this might be a bit more challenging, but we shall try!

It seems like my blogpost is running out of ink, so i'd better stop. 

Thanks for reading and supporting indie booksellers. 

IT MEANS EVERYTHING!



No comments:

Post a Comment